Monday, August 2, 2010

Fun Weekend ending on a Sour Note

This weekend marked the last weekend of our 2nd month, and unfortunately it was an eventful one. The good part of the weekend was having Brian and Melissa come to visit and bring their two little ones. It was their first visit to our home, so we were really excited to spend the weekend with them. The weekend was filled with golf, Wii, visiting the zoo, sun, and staying up much later than normal. We tried hard not to spill our secret, maybe they have their hunches but they didn't act like it around us. Fortunately they are really busy with their two little ones, so hopefully they didn't notice my strange behavior. First off, they brought some wine to try. Not being one to pass on a glass, I tried to push the beer over the wine for the boys so it wouldn't be so obvious if I didn't have a glass. We had plans for a cookout on Saturday night, right about the time dinner was ready I experienced a wonderful wave of nausea. I spent the dinner on the couch while everyone else ate. Sunday was much better in the morning, we played a round of golf. The best part was being outside enjoying the summer sun with a nice breeze. Unfortunately the time came for everyone to leave, after they packed up and headed out we enjoyed a quiet afternoon including a relaxing nap. Later that evening the nausea came back with a vengeance. After showering and getting ready for bed, my stomach starting aching. I took some Tums since that is the cure-all for tummy aches in our house, only to notice a little while later that it wasn't helping. I was lying in bed trying to relax to drift off to sleep only to have the sudden urge to get sick. This was the closest I have come so far to getting sick. I ate a couple of crackers and drank a little ginger ale, but the feeling didn't subside. I was so tired from the weekend, so I laid on my side and let my eyes close in the hopes of falling asleep and sleeping through the nausea. I woke up at 2am for my ritualistic bathroom run feeling much better. I am very happy that my nausea doesn't hit me early in the morning, but I wish this part of the pregnancy would end soon. My nausea comes late afternoon and lasts off and on throughout the evening. I also have a food aversion to almost everything, the thought of meal planning or preparation makes me sick to my stomach. I just hope I am eating enough good nutrients for peanut to continue to grow. Brian and Melissa thank you so much for making the trip to visit us, we had so much fun and can't wait to do it again soon. I apologize for my tiredness and bouts of nausea, I know you will understand in just a few weeks! Love you!

No comments: