Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thank You Peanut!

Yesterday was a milestone in the Sass household! Finally after weeks of trying, Tim was able to feel Peanut kick! Each time Peanut was playing soccer in my belly, I would have Tim feel my stomach in hopes that he could feel the movement. Most of the time the kicks would stop, I think because Peanut could sense the calmness that Tim exudes. It might also be that Peanut was continuing to mess around with Tim since s/he has been doing that since the beginning of this journey. :) We were lying in bed last night and Tim was drifting off to sleep. I started feeling consistent movement, and I felt it from the outside so I grabbed Tim's hand. He had his hand there for a few moments, and wasn't able to feel the kicks I could feel on the outside. Then Tim said, "Why is Peanut kicking me?" He had a huge smile on his face and he was able to feel 3 or 4 kicks, he was so excited to finally feel the baby! I was almost in tears because aside from the ultrasound (and the rounding of my belly), this was the first proof for Tim that there is a baby growing in there. Needless to say we are glowing today because we are so excited that Peanut finally decided to let Daddy know that something is really going on in there. I also like to think it was Peanut's way of showing love to Daddy because last week I was writing an email to Tim and out of nowhere I had crazy kicks going on until I told Tim that Peanut said hello, and then the movement settled down. I guess this 9 months of waiting thing just makes your mind do crazy things! Either way we are excited to see how these next 14 weeks go, and await the arrival of our baby!

**As a side note, today we are officially under 100 days until March 17th**

No comments: